Thrust Area - 1 : Increasing sustainable production of milk, meat and eggs.
- Increased production of milk.
- Increased production of meat.
- Increased production of egg.
Thrust Area - 2 : Productivity enhancement, protection and conservation of livestock resources.
- Improved quality of cattle & goats
- Increased production of quality animal feed.
Thrust Area - 3 : Promoting commercialization of livestock industry.
- Enhanced income generation capacity of the farmers.
- Improved marketing facilities.
- Promoted processing and value addition (curd and yoghurt).
Thrust Area - 4 : Promotion of veterinary public health and animal welfare.
- Improved animal health.
- Improved veterinary public health.
- Improved animal welfare.
Thrust Area - 5 : Institutional development and governance.
- Improved institutional facilities.
- Trained and skilled managerial, technical staff and farmer societies.
- Performance of Institutions, programme and project monitored and evaluated.
- Circulars, Guidelines and recommendations complied with and implemented.
- Legal documents to safe guard the long term interests of the livestock industry prepared & adhered.