Thrust Area - 1 : Providing quality and reliable indigenous health care services.
- Improved indigenous curative health care services.
- Improved indigenous preventive health care services.
- Established integrated hospitals (western & ayurveda).
- Improved health education system.
Thrust Area - 2 : Promote ayurveda medical tourism.
- Improved special treatment units.
- Conserved and developed commercial herbal plantation with participation of private farmers.
- Provided foreign trainings to Ayurveda MOs with sponsorship of foreign private companies.
Thrust Area - 3 : Promote self sufficiency in herbal medicines and commercialization.
- Established herbal gardens in each indigenous medical institution.
- Established large scale Herbal garden in each district.
- Established drugs sales outlets in each district.
Thrust Area - 4 : Conservation, strengthening and promotion of accepted traditional medical practices.
- Obtained services of special traditional physicians.
- Printed traditional manuscript books /CDs.
- Provided equipment to be used for traditional treatment.
Thrust Area - 5 : Institutional development and governance.
- Provided training on capacity development for staff.
- Improved office system.
- Established online data updating system in Indigenous hospitals.
The Department of Indigenous Medicine, Eastern Province conducted the awareness programme about "Diabetes Mellitus on Diabetes day Nov 14, 2019” at Base Siddha Ayurveda Hospital, Kappalthurai on 14th November 2019, and the programme has been organized by Dr (Mrs.) R. Srithar, Provincial Commissioner, Department of Indigenous Medicine, Eastern Province, Sri Lanka and headed by Dr.(Mrs).T. Sivachelvan MD(S), Medical superintend, BAH, Kappalthurai. The Seminar and awareness programme are successfully conducted by Dr. S. Uthayanan MD(S), Medical Officer, Department of Indigenous Medicine for the public and Patients.
We had conducted Awareness Programmes at Orr’s hill Vivekanantha School on 2019.06.28 and at Sinhala Maha Vidyalaya on 2019.07.01.