Thrust Area - 1 : Ensuring continuous planning process related to the sectors.
- Effective functioning of relevant provincial departments ensured.
- Resources mobilized to transform subsistence level of agriculture to commercial agriculture.
- Improved access to information and use of ICT based tools.
Thrust Area - 2 : Leading the agencies and monitoring, evaluating sector performances & programs.
- Effective collaborative mechanism established with relevant departments in relation to implementation and monitoring of development projects.
Thrust Area - 3 : Improving internal efficiency, responsiveness and service delivery of departments under purview.
- Appropriate strategies and mechanisms instilled for effective and efficient service delivery.
Thrust Area - 4 : Institutional development and governance.
- Core values of professionalism, integrity and efficiency established and practiced.
“Rise of East- 2019” Mega Agricultural Exhibition was held at A/Uhana Maha Vidyalayam Uhana, Ampara from 29th to 30th November 2019. The main objective of this exhibition is to promote and disseminate modern agricultural, livestock irrigation, cooperatives and fisheries technologies among the farming communities of Eastern Province. Farmers, school children, general public and agricultural entrepreneurs involved in value addition of agricultural produce participated in this exhibition. Awards of excellence were presented to outstanding farmers from Ampara District while students who demonstrated their competence in Agriculture Technology Innovation Program were honored by awarding certificate of achievement.
Livestock Development Officers play an important role in livestock development through provision of livestock extension services to livestock farmers of the province. In this regard 12 nos of Livestock Development Officers were recruited into service at Department of Animal Production and Health Eastern Province.
A ceremony was held at the Governor’s Secretariat Trincomalee on 26th March 2019(Wednesday) to hand over the appointment letters to newly appointed Livestock Development Officers. Hon M.L.A.M Hizbullah Governor of Eastern Province graced the function as Chief Guest while Mr. D.M.Sarath Abayagunawardana Chief Secretary Eastern Province, Mr. Asanka Abeywardena Secretary to Hon Governor, Mr K Sivanathan Secretary Ministry of Agriculture and other senior officials participated in it.