Thrust Area - 1 : Ensuring continuous planning process related to the sectors.
- Effective functioning of relevant provincial departments ensured.
- Resources mobilized to transform subsistence level of agriculture to commercial agriculture.
- Improved access to information and use of ICT based tools.
Thrust Area - 2 : Leading the agencies and monitoring, evaluating sector performances & programs.
- Effective collaborative mechanism established with relevant departments in relation to implementation and monitoring of development projects.
Thrust Area - 3 : Improving internal efficiency, responsiveness and service delivery of departments under purview.
- Appropriate strategies and mechanisms instilled for effective and efficient service delivery.
Thrust Area - 4 : Institutional development and governance.
- Core values of professionalism, integrity and efficiency established and practiced.
A ceremony to hand over the letters of appointment to newly appointed 65 Technical Assistants (Agriculture –Extension) of Department of Agriculture Eastern Province was held in T/Orr’s Hill Vivekananda College on 10th of October 2018. These agriculture extension officers will be deployed in all three districts of Eastern Province and will be involved in dissemination of improved technologies and agriculture practices among farmers leading to increased production and productivity.
Hon.Rohitha Bogollagama Governor of Eastern Province graced the function as the chief guest while Mr.D.M.S.Abayagunawardana Chief Secretary, Mr.K.Sivanathan Secretary Ministry of Agriculture, Secretaries , Deputy Chief Secretaries, Heads of the Departments , Officials and general public participated in the event.