Thrust Area - 1 : Ensuring continuous planning process related to the sectors.
- Effective functioning of relevant provincial departments ensured.
- Resources mobilized to transform subsistence level of agriculture to commercial agriculture.
- Improved access to information and use of ICT based tools.
Thrust Area - 2 : Leading the agencies and monitoring, evaluating sector performances & programs.
- Effective collaborative mechanism established with relevant departments in relation to implementation and monitoring of development projects.
Thrust Area - 3 : Improving internal efficiency, responsiveness and service delivery of departments under purview.
- Appropriate strategies and mechanisms instilled for effective and efficient service delivery.
Thrust Area - 4 : Institutional development and governance.
- Core values of professionalism, integrity and efficiency established and practiced.
The ceremony to commission the Lift Irrigation Scheme in Kaluthavalai area in Batticaloa District was held on 15th March 2019 .This scheme was constructed utilizing Rs 10.0 Mn made available under Irrigation Sector Development in Province Specific Development Grant of Eastern Province. The overall objective of this development intervention is to create an enabling environment to promote the sustainable use of available water resources to agriculture development leading to balanced socio economic development of this region. It is envisaged a total of 450 acres of paddy land could be brought under cultivation in both Maha and Yala cultivation season through supplementary irrigation while high value crops could be cultivated utilizing the irrigation water made available under this scheme.
A ceremony was held at the Conference Hall of the Ministry of Agriculture on 14th March 2019 to handover the value addition and refrigeration equipment’s to nine registered co-operative societies including schools as well as dairy and fisheries societies to enhance the service delivery focusing on food and nutrition enhancement of local community.