Thrust Area - 1 : Ensuring continuous planning process related to the sectors.
- Effective functioning of relevant provincial departments ensured.
- Resources mobilized to transform subsistence level of agriculture to commercial agriculture.
- Improved access to information and use of ICT based tools.
Thrust Area - 2 : Leading the agencies and monitoring, evaluating sector performances & programs.
- Effective collaborative mechanism established with relevant departments in relation to implementation and monitoring of development projects.
Thrust Area - 3 : Improving internal efficiency, responsiveness and service delivery of departments under purview.
- Appropriate strategies and mechanisms instilled for effective and efficient service delivery.
Thrust Area - 4 : Institutional development and governance.
- Core values of professionalism, integrity and efficiency established and practiced.
A ceremony was held at the Conference Hall of the Ministry of Agriculture on 14th March 2019 to handover the value addition and refrigeration equipment’s to nine registered co-operative societies including schools as well as dairy and fisheries societies to enhance the service delivery focusing on food and nutrition enhancement of local community.
A ceremony to hand over the letters of appointment to newly appointed 12 Technical Assistants (Agriculture –Extension) of Department of Agriculture Eastern Province was held at the Governor’s Secretariat Trincomalee on 6th of March 2019. These agriculture extension officers will be deployed in all three districts of Eastern Province and will be involved in dissemination of improved technologies and agriculture practices among farmers leading to increased production and productivity.