Thrust Area - 1 :Provincial planning process and systems.
- Formulated comprehensive result based medium-term development plan for EP and sector implementation programmes.
- Ensured optimum utilization of mobilized resources with balanced approach to meet development targets.
Thrust Area - 2 : Coordination & monitoring of programmes and projects.
- Ensured effective coordination among the stakeholders in planning and implementation.
- Strengthened monitoring mechanisms for project implementation of consolidated AIP.
Thrust Area - 3 : Information management and dissemination.
- Operationalized ICT lead reliable and user friendly information system for policy, planning and management.
- Improved dissemination process of updated information for quick & easy access for public.
Thrust Area - 4 : Institutional development and governance.
- Competent staff performing in pleasure working environment with innovatives.
- Created modern office infrastructure facilities with appropriate structure & effective ICT system.
- Ensured balance development and equity & equality in development among sub-region and communities.
A team, accompanied by Chairman, Secretary and other Senior Officials of the Finance Commission visited EPC, Trincomalee on 20th & 21st of April 2019 in view to review the proposed Annual Development Plan of EPC - 2019 and to monitor the selected projects implemented in 2018 under PSDG & CBG programmes as their general approach before giving their concurrence.
Provincial Sustainable Development Dialogue with Senior Officers of Eastern Province on Implementation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) in Eastern Province was organized by the Provincial Planning Secretariat in collaboration with the Ministry of Sustainable Development, Wildlife and Regional Development on 28th September 2018 at JKAB Park, Hotel, Trincomalee.
With an objective to achieve the successful implementation processes of SDGs in the Eastern Province through bilateral contribution from provincial and district administration of the Eastern Province, this awareness programme was conducted, adhering the Government’s emerging trend on achieving Sustainable Development Goals towards attaining the global necessity. Incorporating capital development programmes of provincial and district administration with the real concept of SDG and its implementation was importantly insisted at this event. As well, a huge necessity for formulating separate SDG implementation plans by the provincial agencies and district secretariats based on the set SDG indicators was too emphasized to achieve the SDG targets at every sector level.