Thrust Area - 1 :Provincial planning process and systems.
- Formulated comprehensive result based medium-term development plan for EP and sector implementation programmes.
- Ensured optimum utilization of mobilized resources with balanced approach to meet development targets.
Thrust Area - 2 : Coordination & monitoring of programmes and projects.
- Ensured effective coordination among the stakeholders in planning and implementation.
- Strengthened monitoring mechanisms for project implementation of consolidated AIP.
Thrust Area - 3 : Information management and dissemination.
- Operationalized ICT lead reliable and user friendly information system for policy, planning and management.
- Improved dissemination process of updated information for quick & easy access for public.
Thrust Area - 4 : Institutional development and governance.
- Competent staff performing in pleasure working environment with innovatives.
- Created modern office infrastructure facilities with appropriate structure & effective ICT system.
- Ensured balance development and equity & equality in development among sub-region and communities.
Provincial Sustainable Development Dialogue with Senior Officers of Eastern Province on Implementation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) in Eastern Province was organized by the Provincial Planning Secretariat in collaboration with the Ministry of Sustainable Development, Wildlife and Regional Development on 28th September 2018 at JKAB Park, Hotel, Trincomalee.
With an objective to achieve the successful implementation processes of SDGs in the Eastern Province through bilateral contribution from provincial and district administration of the Eastern Province, this awareness programme was conducted, adhering the Government’s emerging trend on achieving Sustainable Development Goals towards attaining the global necessity. Incorporating capital development programmes of provincial and district administration with the real concept of SDG and its implementation was importantly insisted at this event. As well, a huge necessity for formulating separate SDG implementation plans by the provincial agencies and district secretariats based on the set SDG indicators was too emphasized to achieve the SDG targets at every sector level.
The 2nd Provincial Planning Committee Meeting of EPC for the year 2018 was held on 02nd August 2018 at 9.00 a.m. at the EPC Conference Hall, Varothayanagar, Trincomalee under chairmanship of the Chief Secretary, EPC with the participation of the Secretaries, Deputy Chief Secretaries, Heads of Departments & relevant senior officers of EPC, representatives from three District Secretariats and senior officials from Central Bank as well.