Thrust Area - 1 :Provincial planning process and systems.
- Formulated comprehensive result based medium-term development plan for EP and sector implementation programmes.
- Ensured optimum utilization of mobilized resources with balanced approach to meet development targets.
Thrust Area - 2 : Coordination & monitoring of programmes and projects.
- Ensured effective coordination among the stakeholders in planning and implementation.
- Strengthened monitoring mechanisms for project implementation of consolidated AIP.
Thrust Area - 3 : Information management and dissemination.
- Operationalized ICT lead reliable and user friendly information system for policy, planning and management.
- Improved dissemination process of updated information for quick & easy access for public.
Thrust Area - 4 : Institutional development and governance.
- Competent staff performing in pleasure working environment with innovatives.
- Created modern office infrastructure facilities with appropriate structure & effective ICT system.
- Ensured balance development and equity & equality in development among sub-region and communities.
One-day workshop on sharing Best Practices and Processes of Provincial Planning Secretariat, EPC with the other Provincial Councils was held on 27.10. 2017 at Hotel Trinco Blu in Trincomalee. This workshop was organized by the Ministry of Provincial Councils & Local Government in collaboration with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
With a view to upgrading the skill of senior managers in the EPC, a one-day workshop was arranged by Provincial Planning Secretariat on the process, laws, regulations and procedures for procurement on 18th August 2017 in Trincomalee.