Thrust Area - 1 :Provincial planning process and systems.
- Formulated comprehensive result based medium-term development plan for EP and sector implementation programmes.
- Ensured optimum utilization of mobilized resources with balanced approach to meet development targets.
Thrust Area - 2 : Coordination & monitoring of programmes and projects.
- Ensured effective coordination among the stakeholders in planning and implementation.
- Strengthened monitoring mechanisms for project implementation of consolidated AIP.
Thrust Area - 3 : Information management and dissemination.
- Operationalized ICT lead reliable and user friendly information system for policy, planning and management.
- Improved dissemination process of updated information for quick & easy access for public.
Thrust Area - 4 : Institutional development and governance.
- Competent staff performing in pleasure working environment with innovatives.
- Created modern office infrastructure facilities with appropriate structure & effective ICT system.
- Ensured balance development and equity & equality in development among sub-region and communities.
The 1st Provincial Planning Committee Meeting of EPC for the year 2019 was chaired by the Chief Secretary on 08th July 2019 at 9.30 a.m. at the EPC Conference Hall, Varothayanagar, Trincomalee. District Secretaries of Batticaloa & Ampara , Secretaries , Deputy Chief Secretaries , Heads of Departments & other Seniors officials of EPC and Directors of Planning from three District Administration participated at this meeting.
The Second meeting of the District Development Forum of Batticaloa Distict was held under the chairmanship of new Governor for Eastern Province, Hon.Shan Wijayalal De Silva on 24th of June 2019 at District Secretariat, Batticaloa.This forum was initiated by the new Governor, with an intention to speed up the progress of the capital development activities being carried out by the various stakeholders including provincial and district administration in the district with mutual understanding and better collaboration among every entity.